November 17, 2019 -- Mary-Martha Chapel
Martha-Mary Chapel -- built by Henry Ford in 1940 and named after his mother, Mary Litogot Ford, and his mother-in-law, Martha Bench Bryant. It was built as a chapel, not a church. Its secluded setting at the top of a grassy knoll and framed by a backdrop of towering white pines, makes it a very popular place for weddings.
It’s located in the Wayside Inn Historic District, a historic district on Old Boston Post Road in Sudbury, Massachusetts. Both the chapel and the Wayside Grist Mill (just across the road) were both built by and owned by Henry Ford just prior to WWII. The old Wayside Grist Mill will be tomorrows post.
111720191010FPZ22372019MarthaMary ChapelMassachusettsMonthsNikonNikon Z6OctoberSudburyTravel