Episcopal Chapel of the Transfiguration -- Grand Teton National Park
The Chapel of the Transfiguration is a small log chapel in Moose, Wyoming, just inside the south entrance to Grand Teton National Park. The chapel was sited and built to frame a view of the Cathedral Group of peaks in a large window behind the altar, in place of customary stained glass. The chapel, which was built in 1925, is owned and operated by St. John's Episcopal Church in Jackson. Additionally, this little chapel played a primary role in the movie Spencer’s Mountain, which was filmed in Jackson Hole in 1963, and featured Henry Fonda and Maureen O’Hara.
2014AugustNational ParksTravelWyomingD7100Grand Teton National ParkGrand Teton