Saturday, January 3, 2105 - Jacob Wolf House
The two-story log structure known as the Jacob Wolf House stands on a hillside overlooking the juncture of the White and North Fork Rivers in the present-day town of Norfork (Baxter County), Arkansas. It was originally constructed circa 1825 as the first permanent courthouse for Izard County in Arkansas Territory and is considered to be the oldest public structure still standing in Arkansas.
The 2-story log house with a central breezeway on the first level is typically referred to as “dogtrot” or “saddlebag” style, and was built to serve as the courthouse. The large upper-level room that extends over the breezeway served as the courtroom, while the lower level housed the county clerk’s office. Judges and lawyers traveled from distant parts of the territory to appear at the regularly scheduled county and territorial court sessions here.
2014ArkansasBuildingsD610FallJacob Wolfe HomeNorforkOctoberOld CabinsHomesSTRUCTURESSeasonalTravel
From 2012-17 Daily Photos